15 June, 2010

Would You Wear Hair Extensions?


Jessica Simpson hair extensions
Photo from HairDo
Jessica Simpson hair extensions
Photo from HairDo
Quite a few years ago, when I was single, I was out with some girl friends dancing in this little club and some guy started dancing with us. I don't like dancing with strangers.

I was nice though and when the song finished I smiled and left the dancefloor. He followed, chatted me up a bit about I don't remember what, but then asked me if I was wearing hair extensions. Cue the record skip!

I wasn't, but for some reason it made me offended. Besides, who asks that? Here's the best part...when I told him no he didn't believe me and pulled on my hair. Crazy, right?


Cut to some years later, I was working for a beauty website, and what arrives in the mail? Jessica Simpson's HairDo clip-in hair extensions. They were long, wavy, and blondish brown. Since I have dark hair, my co-worker Brianne, who had light brown short hair, tried them on. The extensions looked adorable and were so easy to clip in.
Must. Have. Now. So I went to Ricky's NYC and bought some that matched my hair. My locks were already long, but what I loved about these is that it made my hair fuller. I wore the extensions to a wedding and it helped me create a cool half-up/half-down hair do. For me, it's not for the everyday -- this clip-in is all one piece and can be heavy or too much on those with thick hair. Then I discovered POP: Put On Pieces that come in strands, so you can clip in where you need or want a little extra volume. I love these and wear them for once in a while for a little extra something!
Some CafeMoms in the All About Hair And Makeup Group think that clip-in extensions are better for your hair (and your wallet). tpflint419 said she found clip-ins for as low as $1.99 for a pack of three at her local beauty supply store.
Have you ever tried hair extensions? Do you prefer the clip-in kind?
Source:thestir.cafemom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment